The Montrose Group, LLC provides world class public affairs services to clients in the state of Ohio and Washington D.C. These services range from traditional Lobbying to Project Financing.
Meet the Montrose Group team.
Few lobbying firms include staff with the experience as a state legislator, press secretary for a major city, Fortune 100 corporate communications and government relations executive, advocate, lawyer and trade association executive, but that is the experience David J. Robinson brings to clients. In addition, few lobbying firms advocate at the local, state and federal levels, as well as specialize in gaining project financing for clients.
David J. Robinson, prior to forming the Montrose Group, LLC, worked
- for a decade managing government relations practices’ in large law firms;
- as a Republican member of the Ohio House of Representatives;
- on the government relations staff of Ameritech Ohio;
- as Press Secretary for Columbus Mayor Greg Lashutka, and
- as general counsel of the Ohio Chamber of Commerce.
David J. Robinson is a leader
- A graduate of Bowling Green State University, Ohio State University Moritz College of Law and the Ohio State University Fisher School of Business Advanced Management Program.
- Serves as an Adjunct Professor at the Ohio State University John Glenn School of Public Affairs for an economic development course.
- Author of The Electric Company to the Rescue, Saving America’s Industrial Heartland Through Electric Rate Incentives, The IEDC Economic Development Journal, Fall, 2009.
- Co-Author of Innovation and Transformation in the Buckeye State, The IEDC Economic Development Journal, Spring, 2010
David J. Robinson provides bi-partisan Lobbying and Project Financing services.
- Local Government, Statehouse and Congressional Lobbying Services including public policy and government contracts advocacy
- Project Financing Services including Ohio Third Frontier Project Financing, Economic Development Incentives and Economic Development Strategy
Nate Green provides economic development services, site selection, economic incentive, financial advisory, infrastructure finance, and association services to communities, companies, developers, organizations and associations based upon over 15 years of public and private sector economic development service.
- Vice President, Public Finance for Piper Jaffray,
- Manager at JobsOhio where he implemented and oversaw the JobsOhio Network and large projects across Ohio
- Director of the Strategic Business Investment Division at the Ohio Department of Development (ODOD) where he oversaw the offices of business development, grants and tax incentives, financial incentives, and loans and servicing
- Economic Development Director for the Pickaway Progress Partnership, an economic development corporation for Pickaway County
- Corporate Finance Manager at the Cleveland-Cuyahoga County Port Authority
Director of Technology Commercialization and Grant Writing
In this role, Jon Dudley provides high quality consulting, research and analysis, proposal writing and editing, and lobbying services based upon a unique blend of technology-based economic development and public affairs experience and relationships on behalf of public and private sector clients with funding, policy, budget and business issues.
Mr. Dudley most recently was the Operations Manager for the Ohio Third Frontier, where he worked in the Ohio Development Services Agency’s Office of Technology Investments (OIT). In this capacity, Mr. Dudley had operations management responsibilities for the Ohio Third Frontier and its portfolio of numerous programs supporting technology innovation and commercialization, the availability of professionally managed capital, and the expansion of a technologically proficient workforce.
Previously, Mr. Dudley was a Program Manager for five programs totaling more than $200 million in Third Frontier investments. These programs involved extensive business and industry and university partnerships to further the commercialization of new technologies, innovations, and products, establish sustainable engines of economic development activity in key areas of technology and industry strengths, and expand Ohio’s workforce to support the state’s technology businesses and industries.
Prior to his time at the Ohio Development Services Agency, Mr. Dudley was Manager of the Governor’s Office of Science and Technology during both terms of Ohio Governor Bob Taft. In this capacity, Mr. Dudley advised the Governor on broad science and technology interests of Ohio’s companies, universities and research institutions and he was one of the key contributors instrumental in building the Ohio Third Frontier from its infancy to the advanced state at which it now operates.
Michelle creates and implements marketing and public relations programs to advance clients’ organizational goals tied to economic development, policy, and business development opportunities. Services include message development, media relations, social media, stakeholder communications, content creation, communication audits, event planning, speech writing, and collateral development.
Michelle comes to the Montrose Group, LLC with more than 20 years of experience in marketing and public relations.
Prior to joining the Montrose Group, LLC, she spearheaded marketing and communications strategies for the Columbus Chamber. In her role as vice president, she oversaw all aspects of the Chamber’s marketing program, including media relations, branding, member communications, interactive communications, advertising, social media, publications and events. Her work received acclaim in the form of two national awards from the American Chamber of Commerce Executives, as well as recognition from industry peers at the Central Ohio Chapter of the Public Relations Society of America.
Michelle previously served as corporate communications manager for Metastorm, Inc., an international software and consulting corporation, and as public relations director for Proforma Corp., which was acquired by Metstorm. She also previously held positions within government, including the Ohio Cultural Facilities Commission and Ohio State Fair, and at communications firms, including Paul Werth Associates.
Michelle is accredited by the Public Relations Society of America, has served as a member of the Board of Directors of the Central Ohio Chapter, and is a graduate of the Leadership Columbus Class of 2011.
Michelle received a bachelor’s of arts degree from The Ohio State University.
Director, Government Relations
Joe Stevens provides local, state and federal lobbying services as Director of Government Relations for the Montrose Group. Mr. Stevens is a senior level lobbying specialist that served as a corporate government relations executive for several major companies as well as successfully representing companies and trade associations on legislative, regulatory, and procurement matters. Mr. Stevens brings decades of Statehouse experience that began with service in state government and continued on to representing companies on public policy matters before state governments in Ohio, Indiana and other states.